Creating a funnel in Foom is simple. It requires 3 steps:
1. Create the funnel from a template.
2. Edit your funnel steps.
3. Add product Logic.
4. Embed your funnel on your Shopify store.
Create Funnel From A Template
The first step in getting started with Foom is creating your funnel. Doing so is simple. Follow these steps to get your funnel created:
1. In the sidebar, select "Funnels".
2. Select "Create Funnel".
3. Select a template to get started. A template provides all of the steps that you need to create a funnel. Don't worry if you don't like a template, they are 100% customizable.
4. Select a theme. Again, the theme can be changed after creation, so don't worry if it doesn't match exactly what you want. We create themes simply to help you get started.
5. Enter a name for your product and select "Create".
6. You are now in the funnel builder and ready to edit all aspects of your funnel!
Edit Your Funnel Steps
To edit a step, select the pencil icon for each step. You'll have access to the full suite of available options.
Add Product Logic
Figuring out Product logic is essential to creating a great funnel. The Product Logic section is the logic that creates recommendation based on the user's answers when going through the funnel.
How does it work?
It all boils down to one simple concept: tags. Our algorithm is heavily dependent on tags to determine the right products to recommend.
To get the right recommendations, you'll need to tag two parts:
1. Tag the product. This can be done either in the Shopify store or in Foom.
2. Tag the answers to a question. This is done in the Funnel builder.
Let's say you sell drinks. One of the attributes of the drink that you want to associate the recommendation with is "fruity" flavor. To do so, we'll tag all of our products that are "Fruity" in the products section. Then, we'll go through our funnel and select the questions that would lead the user to desire a fruity beverage.
It's important to understand that each answer and product can have multiple tags. So let's say an answer would lead to "fruity" AND "sweet", you can tag the answer as "fruity" and "sweet" in the funnel builder. Our algorithm then will lean towards products that are both "fruity" and "sweet" if a user selects that answer while going through the quiz.
Adding product logic is simple, but it can be a tedious process. If you would like a more advanced implementation, please schedule a call with our implementation team here, and we can help you out.
Below is a breakdown of each step required in adding product logic:
Adding Tags To Products
1. In the side menu, select "Products".
2. In the product you want to tag, select "Add Tag".
3. Enter the name of the tag and select "Save".
Adding Tags To Answers
1. In the side menu, select "Funnels".
2. Select the funnel you want to edit.
3. Select the pencil icon for the question you want to answer.
4. For the answer that you want to tag, select "Add tag"
5. Enter the name of the tag and select "Add tag".
Go through and test your funnel. You should see the recommendation engine showing products that are in line with the answers that you select.
If you have any questions, please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like for us to build out the product logic for you, please schedule a call with our team here.
Embed Your Funnel On Your Shopify Store
Publishing a funnel is simple. To do so, perform the following steps.
1. View the funnel that you want to publish in the funnel builder.
2. Click Settings.
3. Select "Show Embed Instructions".
4. Select "Copy Code" to copy the embed code to your clipboard.
5. Navigate to the page that you want to publish the funnel to on your Shopify. In your Shopify Admin, go to Sales Channels > Online Store > Pages
6. Click the Show HTML button.
7. Paste your funnel code in the Content section. Customizing the look and feel of the funnel may require knowledge of HTML and CSS. If you have questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
8. Save your changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.